Thursday, November 8, 2012

Diploma in Teaching with ICT as an observer

I completed my diploma in teaching with ICT in September. The whole course was a breeze and a lot of learning in terms of how to manage use of ICT in the classroom. I used to feel that the time we got for activities was a little too much and that the course was being dragged...

Recently, me along with 4 other colleagues were taken in as observers for the new batch of participants.

These people are mostly Heads in their schools and with average to no ICT skills.
Now i realise that the time allowed is absolutely okay!

it was just the batch we were, mostly trained in educational technology by beaconhouse that it took lesser time.

Being on the course as an observer is great learning! I realise that i'm highly privileged to be working in a school with most of the possible ICT facilities required.

Today at circle time, one of the participants talked about how children pretended the board marker to be a mic while recording something

and I wondered why they'd be pretending to do that...

later while discussing with a colleague I realised their school did not have a mic.

Must be a challenge planning with limited ICT resources.



No comments:

Post a Comment