Saturday, November 10, 2012

3 day weekend

Teachers should get a three-day weekend.

 I feel I can plan better when I have a 3-day weekend. It allows time for thorough research, helps a teacher work on his/her chosen areas of development.

This time we got a Friday as a National Holiday. 
After lazing around all day on Friday, I automatically kept getting ideas on how to improve my classroom practice on Saturday.
I watched a professional development video on building professional learning community within school and read two articles

I plan to share them with my teachers later this month (right now they're working on differentiation)

Usually on a 2-day weekend, you end up lazing around on saturday and are too pressed for time on sunday to plan appropriately.

yea so, 3 day weekend it should be!
better planning will take lesser time in the classroom!







No comments:

Post a Comment